Sunday, April 16, 2006

Insomniac Theater

Can't sleep. It's 5:03am.

I found this online and in my sleepy daze I found myself holding my breath while reading it...i don't know if it's a diary entry or lyrics to a song and I'm too lazy to verify...

It's that feeling, that golden feeling. It's the wind at my back, the sun over my head, and the smell of spring. It's the touch of that girl you just know you can't be without. It's the feel of her skin grazing yours hours after curfew. It's the lifting of every care from your chest, the knowledge that no matter what happens she'll be there with you. It's a stolen kiss and the moment you realize that you miss her already and you've only just said goodbye. It's the careful choosing of what to wear when you know it's likely you'll see her later that same day, the meticulous selection of the right aftershave, the warm surge of anticipation that you get every time you remember that she's yours. It's her hand in yours, your arms wrapped securely around her waist, your body entangled with hers. It's love, and when it's in the air it's presence is so strong that if you screw your eyes up just right you can actually see it working in our hearts and changing the world. It's love, and it's all that matters.

1 comment:

zabber said...

Wow, that's one of the most amazing things I've ever read. It describes love and how much I love my girlfriend to a tee. He should seriously get some props for coming up with that.