Thursday, February 14, 2008

I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled....

I was surfing the web and was reminded of an old Molson's commercial:


Their marketing is sheer genius, I don't think they ever made a bad commercial. They made me want to drink beer and I don't even LIKE beer. You can't get a better tagline (for canadians) than "I AM CANADIAN"...and they've single-handedly managed to corner the beer market for Canada Day (the number on thing Americans do on July 4th is BBQ and watch fireworks. Canadians...drink and watch fireworks. No time to eat. No one said we were a civilized society.)

I really should have bought that lottery ticket yesterday. Around 1am I couldn't stand Kraig's snoring so I went down to the couch to sleep there, only to realize I was pretty awake because I had crashed at 6pm for a super long nap. Lo and behold, after watching some random stuff (and the rest of Cashmere Mafia which I should be shot in the head for enjoying), I discover that Ryan Reynolds is on Conan.

Sadly, he wasn't THAT funny like he usually is in stuff...but funny enough. And i was so tired i didn't care what he had to say.

Dammit really should have bought a lottery ticket.

4 comments:

zabber said...

Ya, sadly Molson isn't Canadian anymore, Coors bought them and we haven't really seen a decent Molson Canadian ad since. :) Molson always had a hard time selling to the American market so this way their way to break into it but I swear the quality has dropped since then and folks I don't care what people say Canadian beer shouldn't be classified as an import. Bring me something from Europe or Asia, that's an import. :)

I love that ad, if anything they should use that as our national anthem. :)

What kind of chocolate bar was it you and Kraig like, Coffee Crisp.?? And Excel gum?? :)

Moderator said...

Nationalism is not a bad deal, is it?

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!!!

They got bought by Coors? That's...just...omg...on so many levels...that's like finding out American flags are created in Afghanistan or something. It's just...wrong.

zabber said...

It is just wrong but business is business and maybe Coors is tired of being referred to as fizzy bottled water by the rest of the world so they bought a company that can make beer. :) Ok, Molson Canadian isn't a premier beer but given the choice I would choose Canadian over Coors. :)

I don't know anyone other than my Dad that drinks Coors Light, everyone else I know drinks imports. I'm still trying to figure out how Keith's is an import but I don't lose any sleep over it. :)