Have you ever just wanted to catch a frickin' break!?!
So I got Kraig an in-car GPS thing, as an early anniversary gift as well as a "thank you for getting nose surgery for me so I can finally sleep"...i did a crapload of research, and it seemed like Garmin with MSN Direct for traffic was the way to go.
Ummm, yeah. NEVER have I had a problem relating to finding anything...i'm right in the middle of San Diego and Los Angeles, two of the most major cities in the US. As far as I'm concerned, the whole world revolves around California (in case anyone cares, OC to LA is like..San Jose to San Francisco...)...
Well go figure. MSN Direct works perfectly in LA. In San Diego. Apparenly in NORTHERN orange county.
Going south, it stops in Tustin.
WTF.
This is of zero help for Kraig, who needs to know like 10 exits before that if he should get on the 5 or the 405.
Returning that sucker will be a bitch (online purchase), but I tried to find another GPS device that had good reviews AND had definite coverage in South OC and I couldn't find anything online. Oh and apparently this OC thing is a big mishap on MSN's part.
So...now do I return it, or do I have him keep in hopes that eventually they'll expand their coverage? In the meantime, it DOES provide real-time gas prices and movie listings...
Seriously MSN...you provide traffic updates for f*cking Riverside but you don't for OC?!
When will companies realize that they need to cater to me and my needs before those of others? Geezus.
2 comments:
Get on MSN's case for it, maybe through an update or something they'll get coverage but it does sound odd.
GPS' this Christmas were the most popular electronic device purchased, beat out the Wii I think too. :)
I have the Garmin Nuvi 350
Have had it for a year and it works like a charm.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-1453369-1463102?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=garmin+nuvi+350&x=19&y=16
The info is all pre-loaded. No MSN bs
Post a Comment