Now I had mentioned previously that my mother is obsessed with stocking up on paper goods. Didn't believe me? Here's what I found when I was home...and this doesn't include her stashes that i DIDN'T find!
This is from my old closet in the basement:
Here's the kleenex stash she's got in the basement cupboard:
This is the TP stash in one of the upstairs bedrooms:
This one cracks me up the most. This is the stash under the basement stairs. Not only is there TP, but those boxes to the right of the safe are all kleenex boxes, and seriously this stash goes up to my waist!
Here's the stash in my mom's closet:
I couldn't even TELL you which closet this is from:
Here's the ghetto TP holder my dad got at some garage sale (a new habit my parents have adopted since my brother and I moved out):
This is one side of the entryway hallway:
And here's the other side:
FINALLY....i went to stash some stuff in my old bathroom drawer, but instead I had no room because I found this:
I swear I'm not crazy...my parents made me this way!
4 comments:
This is what I once wrote in my blog about a comment you made: Sabina reassured me that it was okay for me to spend the money the next day by stating that buying running shoes is like buying toilet paper: I may not absolutely need the shoes right now (I mean, I'm not walking around barefoot), but soon I will need them when my other shoes completely break down, and so it's best to buy the shoes now when they are on sale. And so you should also always buy toilet paper when it's on sale, whether you need more of it right now or not, because eventually you will. Or something like that. I don't know. I have new shoes though and I'm happy about them! You can ask her about her toilet paper-buying philosophy.
I think that you are definitely your mother's daughter.
OMG there is sooo much toilet paper :D
Did you tell her not buy anymore...
maybe she doesn't know how much she actually has.
My grandma use to stock up on things too but not that much heheheh :D
Ok as I go back & reflect on the whole amount of TP & Klneex...I am all for saving money and yes buying when its on sale.
But now its like wasting money because there are only 2 people who live in your moms house.
She probably has enough TP for a year. Just going by how much Steve and I use here. Although your parents are retired so they may use more home TP then us. But she could probably put off buying any for 12 months and then buy again when it goes on sale :)
Wow, I think I haven't see stashes of toilet paper like that since my last visit to Costco. :) I think your mom needs a support group, that must be a year's worth of TP and even in the event of a disaster requiring us to stay home I don't think you'd need that much TP. I didn't see a single bottle of water or non-perishable food. Which begs the question, "What would there be to wipe if your parents were stuck in their home?"
Are we going to see Carrie fill up her closet with new running shoes next?? :)
But don't we all collect some clutter???
Post a Comment