Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Things worth hating

Things I hate...loathe...heavily dislike...annoy me (in no particular order):

1. Rihanna. I'll tolerate "Umbrella" 'cause it's semi-fun to sing when driving, and the video for "Disturbia" is interesting, but her voice sounds like a dying goat. I love T.I., but I'd rather shove a pen in my ear than listen to their "Live Your Life" song. Adult contemporary drives me berserk.

2. To add, I also hate Jason Mraz, Eagle Eye Cherry, Coldplay, Incubus, John Mayer, Akon, L'il Wayne, Lady GaGa, and that stupid STUPID "paper planes" song.

3. So disappointed, Target was out of my favorite mascara (Unstoppable in Very Black) so I just grabbed Define-A-Lash Volume Waterproof Mascara (in...Very Black)...it effing SUCKS. And i didn't feel like raising a fuss to Target about returning bad $4 mascara, especially since I still really needed it. I'm just saying, the bristles are weird plasticky things and they just make my eyelashes clump Tammy Faye-style.

4. I loathe people showing me hundreds of pictures of the same damn thing. I don't care if it's nature, you standing in the same city, a baby, whatever. Pretend you have 24 exposures and that's ALL you get to show me.

5. Grey's Anatomy. I can't stand listening to people TALK about Grey's Anatomy. I even tried to watch Private Practice just to stick it to the Grey's Anatomy people. Really, I just can't stand the Grey chick. Since the show is named after her, she's not going anywhere anytime soon. She's so frickin' ANNOYING.

6. To all cashiers of the world: scan my credit card, THEN bag my stuff. If i'm at Old Navy buying a billion pairs of jeans it's heavily inefficient to fold and bag everything only to have us stand and wait for the card to be approved. LEARN TO DO THINGS IN PARALLEL PEOPLE.

7. I hate when people flick their cigarettes out the window...when I'm the car behind them. In fact, I'm going to channel what Erin and I used to say in highschool: driving and smoking is tacky. Throwing them out the window is tacky. It was true 15 years ago, and its still true now.

8. Speaking of smokers, I've had my arms burned a billion times from smokers not paying attention. Okay, I get it, you're drinking and got sloppy. But when someone yelps and a welt is forming, don't do a "oh...sorry"...dumbass you BURNED MY F*CKING ARM. I once had a scar for almost 2 years because of a biotch and her nasty cigarette and all I got was a one second apology (to those in the know: it was at Au Zone). Makes me want to rip their nastiness out of their hands and cram it in their eyes...yeahhh hurts now doesn't it you mofo...

9. I hate when guys act like they thing they're being cute when they're not. There was a dude this weekend who was all over one of my friends (who shall remain nameless), but he thought was so charming by doing all of the following:
- repeatedly lying about what he did for a living...ummm women don't "do" guessing games. Just tell us if you have a job and arent' living in a cardboard box
- kept dicking around with the camera when all of us girls got together for a pic...it's hard enough to get a group shot. Don't try to tilt the camera, do weird angles, whatever.
All of that is attention-seeking behavior in a bad way. It's childish. Women do NOT like men who exhibit any childlike "look at me, pay attention to me" behaviors.

10. Speaking of dude from #9, men need to stop assuming women don't know sh*t about computers. "Do you know what a server is?"...yeah mofo, and I bet I can set one up in a network faster than you can. Shut yer pie hole.

(yeah, i'm in a bad mood today)

11. I loathe buying tampons. If women ruled the world, you KNOW that crap would be a tax-write off. It's a medical condition! it's not my fault I'm bleeding without death once a month. If insurance covers Viagra, then it should cover tampons.

12. Organic anything. Laws are super lax about what constitutes "organic", so it's not like you're really going to notice a difference. Something about seeing a box of ORGANIC CHOCOLATE makes my blood boil. Chocolate is cocoa and sugar boiled together with some nuts tossed in. Organic won't make it any healthier or taste better. It's retarded.

13. Margaritas. Yeah. I said it. I can't stand margaritas. Tequila straight up = GOOD. Tequila mixed with stuff = nastiness. Maybe it also helps that that stupid Margaritaville place was just annoying (granted, the company was good...Kraig, Christine, and Noel). Oh woo hoo, we made a Slurpee machine full of tequila and green sugary crap and it overflows once every 20 minutes...SHOCKING!
virgin lime daiquiris however kick ass

14. A Slurpee trumps everything else. A Slurpee is NOT a Slushee. A Slurpee is NOT a Hush Puppy. In fact, those stupid Hush Puppy drinks are nothing more than what Shave Ice is: crushed ice with syrup poured over it. How is that not vile to people? A Slurpee starts off as a flavored beverage, THEN frozen.
I miss Diet Coke slurpees, sigh.
The best combo is Orange Crush mixed with Cream Soda (you know, the pink stuff)...sooo sooo good. Last time I saw it was at the Quickie next to my parents' house (Bryan, do a drive by of the one in Orleans and lemme know if they still have it)

15. Fake nails. Yeah, you know who you are with your faux nails and the french manicure. I understand if you have a special occasion and can't grow your nails out to look good in pics (i.e. a wedding day...that's the ONLY reason). The sound of fake nails against a keyboard is like a fork on a chalkboard. And they're OVERTLY fake...they're not like fake boobs, where even if they're overtly fake you can rock them and look good. No, big white-tipped fake nails serve no purpose other than to draw attention to the fact that you can't maintain a regular beauty regime.
I have the weakest nails on the planet from years of nail biting, but if I can grow them out and make them look good, then there's no excuse.

16. Flip flops. Something about a shoe that only stays on because of a single piece that goes between my toes is just weird. People in Pakistan wear them all the time (even as a kid, I refused to wear them there). Do you see what i'm saying? They're 3rd world country. Do you want malaria as well?!

17. Ghetto-ass people who raise their trucks. Your stupid tires don't fit in the tire nook thingy so you have a big half meter gap between the top of the tire to your car. It's RETARDED. Where are you offroading to when you live in Orange County? Oh wait, let me guess...Glamis?! It's tacky, tacky, tacky. It's the car equivalent of wear low-wise jeans with the sides of your thongs sticking out.

'Kay...nuff ranting.

3 comments:

Slovebunny said...

#11 Midol too! it should qualify as medication to be tax deductible...give out as a prescription too in large quantities so it would be cheaper.

Unknown said...

Speaking of #11, let me share a formula & proposal, courtesy of my former boss, Robin:

+++ begin +++

In keeping to your email I wanted to share a formula that demonstrates the need to change the way we think about being a woman. In my America (this is assuming I was the President, Queen or otherwise supreme leader) every girl child born would be given a grant of $27,000 at birth. This grant can only be used for college or purchasing a primary residence.

The basis of the grant is to compensate for the average expense that only women must pay.

The average woman has her period from 12 years old to the age of 49 = 37 years

Within each year the average woman has her period for 7 days every month = 7 x 12 x 37 =3,108 days

For each day the average woman uses 5 tampons and 5 pads x 3,108 days = 15,540 pads and 15,540 tampons

This is an average of 1,295 packages of the each tampons and pads (12 per pack)

Qty 1 12 pack of tampons = $4.25 x 1,295 = $ 5,503.75

Qty 1 12 pack of pads = $4.25 x 1,295 = $ 5,503.75

Average loss of work 100 days over 37 years due to related causes = $ 16,000 based on $20 per hour average (sucks)

This does not include any medications, God forbid we take an Advil or birth control.

This $27,000 is only for paper products and lost wages. It dos not cover clothing birth control or any medications. We pay this in the first half of our lives as women, we have no choice. This is another factor of financial burden that broadens the divide between women and men. In my America companies like Kimberly Clark would fund the grant project.

So there you go, only in my America!

+++ end +++

I want to live in HER America. :)

zabber said...

So much negativity Sabina!!!

Mind you, when you rant it's always worth a good read.

Rihanna's music is your typical Top 40 catchy-yet nauseating tune that refuses to leave your head, no matter what you do. :P So you got my vote there along with T.I... Actually a lot of the mainstream R&B and Hip-Hop is boring and nauseating.

Coldplay, if it wasn't for the iPod ads, I think they'd have stayed in the U.K. Incubus, has anyone told them that 90's punk died before the 90's was over?? John Mayer, well I like the one song but all the drama with Jennifer Aniston is going to kill his career, it's the reverse of what happened to anyone that was involved with Madonna (sorry Sabina); L'il Wayne and Akon, yeesh where to start but in the end I agree with you. Lady GaGa, I actually had the displeasure of finding out that someone I know actually likes the song and would sing it when it comes on, two words, Whor-ible. :)

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about makeup. :P
I like the fact that people will throw stuff up on Flickr or Shutterbug or even Facebook, let me scan through on my own. Why do I get a feeling this one rant was spawned by a certain someone you work with??

Ok I'll watch Grey's Anatomy I'll admit it only to figure out how people and the network can allow this Garbage (said with a french accent) to go on. Even Izzy's storyline... ok we get it, she's gonna die. Grey I'd like to throw off of a building; the only character I like is Little Grey, ya she has her set of neurosises but she's damn cute and almost normal.

I had a similar experience with a guy at 7-11, he was debating whether or not a brand of cigarettes a woman was asking for exist while he was walking over to the covered shelves of cigarrette boxes, held up the line for 5 minutes too!!. (Ya there's a law now here where stores are not allowed to display cigarette cartons behind the counter, they are going on the whole "Outta sight, outta mind, thing.")

You don't see that as much now here because it's now illegal to smoke in your car if you have a child in it, it's a $105 ticket if you're caught.

As for smoking in bars I remember the day when we'd go to bars and it would be a good night if I went home without a single piece of clothing singed. One time I was out on a dancefloor I was dancing up a storm with some friends when I noticed a bit of smoke wafting up and it smelled like burning cotton. I looked down and saw that my pants were smoking. Yep someone dropped their burning ash and it just happened to fall into the rolled up cuff of my pants.

I love the fact that bars are smoke free now, people want to smoke they do it outside, and fewer people do it in the winter, just asking Sabina how freakin' cold it gets here, imagine smoking a butt in club-wear?

It's illegal to pitch your spent butts out a car window isn't it?? Doesn't stop people from doing if it isn't shouldn't it be? I know it might be infringing on people's rights but isn't the right to not smell like a disgusting cigarette and not to mention ones health? Smoking is not sexy and there are far better ways to approach a girl or guy to break the ice, rather than saying, "Got a light or smoke?"

Lying about where he works??? Really??? Is he twelve? I don't mind talking about what I do but I tend to keep it vague as what I do tends to be difficult to explain, so I go with "I.T Consultant". As for where I live, well if a woman asks me where or what I live in within the first few moments of meeting, it sends up all sorts of warning signs for me. Just be happy that I don't live my parent's basement or in a cardboard box. :)

I love taking pics of groups of people, especially ladies. It's fun and may lead to some good conversation.

I'm guilty of assuming at times that some women don't know jack about computers but I know you're good Sabina. ;) I don't mind explaining things either if it's required... Is it wrong though Sabina that I got ever so slightly turned on by the fact you know what a server is and can setup your own network?? ;) lol (Just wanted to make you laugh).

Why aren't all those womanly products covered by the medical plans?? I don't understand why Viagra would be covered than again it shows that it's not at all fair. The formula works out too but it should take into consideration inflation, even an estimated inflation might boost that number up.

Not a huge fan of 'Organic' stuff, Fair Trade is something I sort of believe in because the coffee trade can be pretty evil. Getting back to the Organic thing, it's a great way to soak more money out from people.

Mmmmmmmmm, Slurpees... :) Quickie is still by your parents place but I haven't in there in years so I can't confirm their Slurpees. Slush Puppies were cool when we were kids but Slurpees are where it's at, slushy-pop goodness.

Wouldn't it suck if a fake nail got pulled off while in the throws of passion? I think if one broke as a woman was running her nails down my back, it would slightly ruin the mood. :)

Flip-flops are only meant for the beach, wearing them anywhere else is just a sign of laziness... It's almost worse as those morons that wear socks with sandals.

You know what's funny, these raised trucks manage to disappear in the winter here in Canada. Would make sense to use those things in the winter don't ya think? Crappy truck which was is likely a used truck and they are making monthly payments on those jacked up parts, or their girlfriends or mom's are paying for those parts. :)

Sabina, thanks for making me smile.