Wednesday, October 31, 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year

Being the cheap a-hole that I am, I buy all my holiday decor the day after the said holiday. Which is actually kind of cool the following year, 'cause it's like "hey, so what did I buy anyway?". It turns out I had bought 2 pumpkin carving kits.

Lemme tell you...using a pumpkin scoop doodad to get the seeds and guts out was about 1/100th the time it takes with a stupid spoon.

And really, if you don't have a pumpkin scoop, I think the trick would be: start with a fork. Yes, a fork. Pumpkin scoops are really just serrated edges, they pick up the pumpkin stringy bits. So if you take a fork to loosen all that stringy stuff, it'll be easier to later take a big serving spoon and dump everything out. Not as perfect as the real pumpkin tool, but it'll work in a pinch.

The more you know.

The result of our handiwork:


No comments: