Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Star Wars...again

Okay, so I haven't written in awhile and now i'm going to write, again, about Star Wars.

See after seeing the last movie, and finally "getting" it, my husabnd and I had a marathon on Sunday watching Ep4 to Ep6...it got too late to watch Ep 1 & 2, plus I wanted to watch 4400.

So just a few random thoughts on it.

First off, WOW...talk about seeing all the things I didn't get before. Okay now to my defense, everything I know about Star Wars was really from when I saw it as a kid, I didn't know anything about politics or human behavior, and it just stayed with me everytime thereafter that I saw it. Like when I heard "the Empire", I thought Empire = Emperor = Royalty = Princess Diana (hey I'm Canadian...and my parents married in London so I grew up loving the monarchy).

And when I heard "Rebellion", to me, I just assumed Rebels = bad. I mean, you hear all the time about the way in Iraq and all the rebels, blah blah.

What I have noticed is that George Lucas has an obsession with arms and hands. Throughout the entire series, Anakin/Vader gets his hand cut off twice, Luke gets his cut off once, Luke's hand is then cut once (that's when he puts on that black glove), C3PO has his arms ripped off several times, and Han says the Wookies will rip your arms out of their sockets when they lose at chess (or whatever that game was).

So I guess this weekend I'll watch the first two episodes (not really lookign forward to it, Episode one was HORRIBLE), and then maybe watch the Sith movie again. I don't think Hayden Christensen is good looking when he plays normal guys...so I'll take him as the hot guy going nutty in Sith.

No comments: