Monday, September 11, 2006

Weekend wrap up

Props to Ryan and NIcole for a fantastic shindig Friday night....

On Saturday our new stove was scheduled to arrive. At like 10am they show up, but tell us that our gas hookup is a 1/2" valve and by law it has to be 3/4", and that there's no way for him to switch it 'cause we're in a townhouse and if they turn off the gas, the entire row will have no gas. I paid for hookup from Sears, so they said they could be back whenever, just give them a ring.

So I call The Gas Company and tell them I need our gas valve thingy changed. They tell me that they require that the appliance be installed by them, which will cost $50. I'm like "wtf, you're GOUGING us, I already paid for Sears to install it AND it's not my fault the gas hookup isn't up to code".

So the lady was all "fine, you can do it yourself" and i was like "great, so when can you shut off the gas" and she said she could schedule it for the 18th and couldn't even tell me when they could turn it back on! Obviously not an option.

SOOOO...I sucked it up, and said we'd go with the $50 option...and they're like "great, we can come out today, will someone be home between now and 8pm?"...

I'm like "you're kidding me, you don't have a smaller window of when they'll be by?!"..

SOOOOOOOOO Kraig and I were homebound for pretty much all of Saturday, which worked out 'cause I cleaned like a mofo. Eventually our stove got all installed and all that, and it's so pretty I could lick it.

On another note, there is NOTHING more disgusting than the crap that's behind a stove for 20 years. And whatever was back there was covered with a thick layer of grease. Nastiness.

Later at like 8 I finally got off my ass and test drove my Rav4.

I think Kraig is disappointed, because on Sunday I couldn't get the energy to test drive some CRVs. Here's the thing: I hate driving. So test driving is like suicide for me. And I can't make decisions to save my soul...lord help me when I go to a new restaurant. I'm better off when there's only a small set of selections...but I want a 2006 Rav4 so pretty much everything is available (in Base, Sport, or Limited editions)....

Later on Saturday night Chris swung by and I grungingly agreed to play one of his uhhhh non-conventional games (note to self: email Nick and get HIM to play these bizarre boardgames with my husband and Chris). It actually was pretty interesting (Betrayal On Haunted Hill or something like that), sort of similar to Clue.

Chris is a DJ for some UCI radio station, and somehow we got into a discussion of whether I could hang out with him while he does a DJ session (uh yeah 3am - 6am)...Chris' radio show is all about crazy death metal thrasher type music so they think it would be funny for me to be on and be like "why is this CD all black? Don't they know pink is the new black?"...So i might set something up with Chris on a weekend where i can easily sleep in.

On Sunday Kraig worked all day so after sleeping in till 11am (ahhhh...sweet sweet sleep) i cleaned the kitchen, baked some muffins in my new oven, and finally organized 1 year's worth of paperwork in my filing cabinet (and shredded 5 garbage bags of paper).

All in all...I lead a pretty boring life. The more you know!

In other news, Flavor of Love is the most fantastic thing EVER. New York is BACK! I actually kinda liked her from last season, so I think i'm rooting for her to win this time.

No comments: