Monday, November 27, 2006

Movie Review: CASINO ROYALE

Movie review: Casino Royale

Let's do some background history here. I haven't seen that many James Bond movies but I do belive that Sean Connery is DA MAN...

And I was all for Clive Owen to be the new one...when I heard it was gonna be some blond dude, I wasn't impressed.

Ohhh, how I was too quick to judge!

So Casino Royale is basically the "first" Bond...when he first became a "double oh", rough around the edge, and "M" isn't too happy with him as an employee. It's a little odd because he's an older dude, so if this is him when he first got the job...well he must be 80 in the other movies.

That aside, Blond Dude is HOT. Not in terms of his looks...but his rawness and edginess has incredible appeal. Plus, when he has fight scenes the guy (gasp) actually BLEEDS...I saw You Only Live Twice the other day and James Bond got punched a trillion times in the face without a single scar.

The premise of this Bond is generally the same as the others...the difference is that there's not really any Good Bond Girl, Bad Bond Girl....and the blatant use of nudity is pretty much limited to Bond himself (how many times can the dude come out of the ocean soaking wet? I don't know and I don't care, just keep it up filmmakers!)

Anyway, I highly recommend this movie. Keep in mind though that I can't stand going to the movie theater, and the other day was no exception...the dudes to my left kept repeating whatever the guys in the movie were saying, and the dumbass teenie bopper girls in front of me kept texting each other and then running in and out of the theater.

I'm pretty sure that I've reached the end of my rope when it comes to kids in the theater. Texting was the last straw...the glow from their phones was constantly in my peripheral vision. Give it till I'm 30...as soon as I hit that age, I officially reserve the right to be a cranky old lady who screams at kids to SHUT THE F*CK UP OR I'M GONNA BEAT YOU IN THE HEAD.

1 comment:

Slovebunny said...

So is this your Thanksgiving Day movie? I seen Flushed Away while I was in AZ & on Thanksgiving I seen Happy Feet!!! Which had the new preview to Harry Potter....OMG I can't wait. Steve and I started listening to the books on cd at his mom's and then all the way home. We didn't even finish we still have 3 cd's. (Steve read the book) Anyway thats the 1st trip we've driven the 12 hour trip & I didn't take a nap.
Yeah the kids in the theater suck. But I was in cartoon movies so what was I going to do.