Monday, January 22, 2007

Gooey Chewie

This cracked me up: Star Wars Toys That Never Were (it's old but I've never seen it before)...

I effing hate Costco. At this rate i should seriously go and get my money back (THAT at least you can get a refund on)...

I was told when I joined that I could return the $100 bottle of wine as long as it was still in their inventory. I went today (to a different location, granted) and they were like "no returns or exchanges on liquor, ever"...wtf! I was hoping that getting $100 credit for the wine would offset the stupid $50 membership!

And the more I go, the more I realize they just don't have stuff that I want. Like I'm down with a TON of soup...but there's only so much chicken noodle I can hack. Like make more variety packs! Although they DID do that with Lean Cuisine, and that was a pretty good score. And I'm down with huge jars of peanut butter, but i gotta have the reduced fat stuff...c'mon, is it too much to ask that they carry some of the lighter food options (mayo, etc) as well?

Anyway somehow i bought $69 worth of stuff...well okay I'm a sucker for that jalepeno (sp) artichoke dip...and I bought a huge thing of provolone cheese that in hindsight, i think was MORE expensive than if I had just bought it at Albertsons...

The one thing i DO give them props for...when you buy boneless skinless chicken breasts, they're individually wrapped in 2s...LOVE IT. 'Cause when I buy the big bulk sizes from the grocery store, it's all goopy and messy and trying to individually wrap them so I can put some in the freezer is a pain in my ass. This was a no-brainer to just unwrap and pop in the freezer. That might very well be worth the $50 membership, if I don't have to touch chicken meat before putting it in the freezer.

Time to watch HEROES now!

No comments: