Thursday, November 06, 2008

Letter to the editor

You can do it Sabina..U can train to be a marathon runner...
try a half marathon 1st. Come on goal by your 35th birthday :)


I will defer to Carrie to answer why I will not even be able to do a half marathon. (her experience coming from someone who did a marathon AND as someone who did a piddly 5k with me)

and to whatever she says, let me add: marathons do jack up your body...I have a jacked up knee (it burns after 10 minutes of running), you lose your toes, you get chafing and bloody, and it's super hard on the joints. Ummm...I'm too vain to do any activity that can cause any of those results.

If there was a 100% guarantee Ryan Reynolds will be there, then I'll reconsider :P

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Alright, here's my comment about Sabina running a half marathon: It ain't gonna happen. What she says about her knees is true. Also, all that running does jack up your toenails (I lost two after my marathon) and feet (sigh, the bottoms of my feet USED to be smooth) and all that pounding on the pavement can also do very bad things to your joints. Now, you all must realize that if Sabina were to train for and run a half marathon, she would be complaining about all of the above issues (and many more) and that's pretty much all you would hear from her for six months. Is that what you want? Granted, she is pretty funny when she complains, but four months into her training, the humor may wear off. So, in conclusion, there's a better chance of Christopher Reeves coming back to live, learning how to walk/run again, and running a marathon than there is of Sabina running a half marathon.

Now...a 5K is another story. I ran a 5K with Sabina last year and she did AWESOME and I think that she can definitely do another one of those. In fact, Sabina, Nicole B. and I are talking about doing one in Feb./March--are you in? You can do it!!

Slovebunny said...

Ok what about a 10K hahahah :P

Ok if someone overweight like me can try to do it...
Someone 100 pounds heavier then you Sabina.. there has to be a way you can do it.