Friday, November 03, 2006

And if I only could, make a deal with God, And get him to swap our places, Be running up that road, Be running up that hill

I don't smoke

I've never been a smoker

But i imagine that the feeling I got after watching the season premiere of The OC was much like the feeling a smoker gets after they've gone 24 hours without a smoke.

You know this is the final season...it has "final" written all over it..but it was dark, gritty, mixed with the typical witty humor (You gotta love that little girl who cried after being lectured regarding whether there's a comic based on the XMen movie).

My only beef is...I get that Ryan feels all mopey and crap over Marissa's death. But...I never felt they had a connection because Mischa Barton, bless her lanky soul, is NOT a good actress. They never seemed in love, passionate, anything. They seemed to have better awkward moments than anything else.

So I fail to believe that he loved her.
I fail to believe that he loved her enough to seek vengence on that surfer dude (forgot his name...Valcheck?)

Maybe it's just that I'm a cynic...the day of men taking a stray bullet for their women is loooong over.

And it's not guys' faults. Much like how the women's movement ruined women's life for us women (what? dual income society? wtf?!), we also ruined men by turning them into SNAGs...

Sensitive
New
Age
Guys

Which leads into my next topic...the other day on the radio (KFI AM 640) they were saying how men have become "wussies" and how they discovered that in the past 20 years, mens' testosterone levels have dropped "significantly".

I want someone to measure how much testosterone levels in women have GONE UP during that time as well.

Think about it. We used to have Sylvestor Stallone, Arnold, Van Damme...who do we have now? The Rock? I love the man, but he played a football coach and a gay guy in his last few movies...we don't even have an uber tough, gritty, no holds barred kind of male hero out there anymore.

I'm not knocking this whole trend...it's got it's plusses...I'm just saying that I don't know about you ladies, but I like my hollywood men to be the kind that grab a chick and bang her up against the wall instead of the Orlando Bloom pretty boy types who look like they might break a nail in the process.

1 comment:

zabber said...

Being a SNAG or Metro, pick your favourite term du jour. Honestly, I think guys are better off being morons and a$$es needing improvement because being a nice guy gets you squat, at least in from my point of view.

I think I actually recorded the OC for the first time in ages, something just told me I should. :P