- I get hangovers when I drink (like the one I'm experiencing right now). I never used to get hangovers.
- there's wrinkle formations on my forehead
- the #1 spot where age shows: hands. And my hands are NOT looking too good anymore. (I was very vain about my hands back in the day, and even did a cheesy hand modeling thing for Suzanne's company, but now my hands look like those of the crypt keeper)
- I found myself at the magazine rack yesterday and Cosmo, Marie Claire, and Glamour didn't interest me. The "Better Homes and Gardens" special issue of Budget Decorating did. WTF. Maybe it was because when I flipped through the Cosmo article on "99 Things You Didn't Know About Sex", I discovered that I did indeed know 99 things about sex and didn't need an article to remind me.
- I'm worrying about the effects my soda drinking is having on my bones.
- I'm worried about the effects of my bad posture to my overall frame (for when i'm REAL old)
- I actually find myself appalled with the stuff that teen girls wear today. Don't get me wrong...I used to sneak out of the house with itty bitty short skirts and little crop tops (ahhh the cellulite-free days), but I was also legal drinking age when I did that....The stuff I see 14 year olds wear, i'm like, wtf! Don't go out of your way to make your daughter attractive to perverts.
- I'm valuing comfort over looking good. That applies to shoes, clothes, makeup, you name it. What I used to wear when grunging it up at home now seems very appropriate to go to social events wearing.
I had to draw the line last week when some people were trying to convince me that I could wear a purse with a big floral pattern...ummm no. The day I have a leather purse with big floral patterns all over it is the day I get my pass to Leisure World.
And I really don't want to hear the schpiel about how I'm not that old or how i look young blah blah...unless you're 18, you have no credibility as to what looks young or not.
Mannnnn...the day I get a grey hair is going to be BAD. Like, REAL bad. It's not that I'm that vain about my appearance...but deep down, I associate age with all sorts of responsibilities that I'm either ill-equipped to face or just don't want to even deal with. I was trying to think of the ideal age, 'cause I remember perfectly well at 10 wanting to be a grownup and my mom saying "yeah well trust me, you're going to wish you a kid when you grow up" ...so as a kid, i hated being a kid and as an adult, i hate being one...So the ideal age is Conception to 4 years old. Now THAT'S when life is grand.
1 comment:
Hhahahha WHATEVER crypt keeper!
Haven't you found any wonderful lotions for your hands yet? Something really expensive?
Post a Comment