Massive Movie Reviews
It's been awhile since I've made any tv or movie reviews, so here's the condensed version:
Atonement
What the EFF. I want my time back. It was beyond horrible. The story in theory was kind of interesting, but Keira Knightly's hair drove me NUTS the whole time. It was like some curly mullet. It was an attack to my senses. And James MacAvoy looks anemic...men need to eat MEAT people. It wasn't some crazy tragic love story. And that infamous green dress? How it's gotten so much publicity is beyond me, it's not flattering at all.
This movie made me ANGRY.
Drillbit Taylor
I only rented it because I adore Leslie Mann (don't know who she is? The chick who vomits in the car on Steve Carrell in 40 Year Old Virgin), however midway through this movie I think I fell asleep or something. So if you need a nap, enjoy.
Role Models
I LOVE Paul Rudd. He can do no wrong in my eyes. And I was pleasantly surprised that Seann William Scott has finally grown out of his Stifler years. It seemed like every line was just one funny punchline away from something hilarious, but it was still pretty enjoyable and worth renting.
And...did I mention it has Paul Rudd? Even when he's playing a douchebag he's still boneable.
Twilight
Sigh.
Where do I begin.
I didn't want to read the book...it fell under the "Harry Potter" mania category. But my bookclub was reading it, and Carrie lent me a copy, so I figured I'd read it.
So i need to distinguish between my gripes about the book (hello, teen sex! Your boyfriend is a vampire who sparkles like diamonds! And he can't knock you up! Totally worth the risk of death to me) vs. the movie itself.
Well RPattz is best when he just sits. Not even silent...I mean, the guy shouldn't even MOVE. I'd say he's the worst actor in the movie, but compared to the others he's Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man. Kristen Stewart can't act her way past her "I'm the It-Girl who's a total pothead" title.
The only enjoyable parts in the movie were:
1. Chief Swan...they wrote some good zingers in there for him. Eff New Moon...I want to see the Bella's Dad's Excellent Adventures movie.
2. The end.
Crap I know I saw something else over the xmas holidays that i had DVRed for the longest time...ahhh well it couldn't have been that good!
Some tv thoughts:
Entourage
Been catching up...GOD i love Adrien Grenier. And as much as I can't stand Jeremy Piven, dude should win a lifetime Emmy for playing Ari. This show is so damn brilliant it blows my mind. Literally. I have to pick up my brain off the floor after I watch it.
Lipstick Jungle
I enjoyed this much more than Cashmere Mafia but yes, it was a total fluff piece. That being said, after they announced its cancellation it got really good. The storylines got more complex, and it wasn't so lovey-dovey. I do still have a major beef with all these shows featuring "strong independent working women"...WE DO NOT MEET BEFORE WORK FOR COFFEE OR BREAKFAST. Especially women with kids. I adore my friends, but if I have to choose between waking up at 5am to meet them for breakfast vs. SLEEPING...sleeping will always win.
The Hills
Okay, come ON. They don't WORK for Diane Von Furstenberg! This show has become 99% scripted. And if that's the case, then I want better actors.
Bromance
I'm totally behind on this show, but I was pleasantly surprised at how entertaining it is. And Brody Jenner is actually charming and endearing, something Spencer Pratt lacks (who I still say is still fun to watch in his own right...you have to give the guy props for taking his 10 seconds of fame and stretching it 10 minutes too long).
1 comment:
I watched Lipstick Jungle one Friday night (nothing's on Friday) and it's actually really interesting, not sure who lives like that maybe the uber rich and famous grab coffee before work with their friends but notice 'Friends' all of those guys got together before work. I wish I worked within walking distance to where all my friends work, right now I only have one friend within walking distance only because we work in the same business park.
Still a great show though and not all of the women are drop dead gorgeous, they are elegant. Wasn't Lucy Lui supposed to be on this show?
Post a Comment