Thursday, January 05, 2006

Bitching bitching bitching blog

The working man...woman...same diff.

So one of my major beefs is how a good chunk of the workforce has to work 8-5ish type hours.

But...if you're in the service sector...WHY would you not make sure your hours cater to the other office whores who work 8-5?

Like...dentists, doctors, etc? Okay i get that those people own their own practices, but they could sleep in and work like 11-7?!

Or even just...dry cleaners, whatever.

Really what I'm beefed over is...the gym.

Their classes. There's always ONE really early class...and then maybe one or two after normal work hours (and of course, those classes are packed). ALL of the others are during the day.

WTF.

Okay let's say a huge demographic for 24HF is say...stay at home moms. How many effing classes can they possibly offer to that group of people?! For ALL the stay at home moms, do you REALLY need boatloads of classes during the week? Can't they just use normal cardio machines?!

And then after work...there's like 1 or 2 classes. To cater to...the GAZILLION super fat office whores like the rest of us who sit around eating all day. Why can't they reduce the amount of classes during the day and offer more all the way to say 10pm at night? Dont' tell me there's not as many people working out at 9pm as at say 2pm...trust me, at 9pm there's a TON of people at the gym.

it makes NO sense to me. I mean, HELLO the whole point is that some 24HF are actually open 24 hours because SOME PEOPLE REALLY DO WORK OUT LATE. And i'm not saying offer a 2am class...just not that there needs to be like a thousand during regular business hours...

If you own a frickin' business...and you're in the service industry (dry cleaning, chiropractor, oil changes, whatever)...mother effer do yourself a favor and change your hours to cater to the rest of us! At least one day a week worst case.

Geezus.

2 comments:

zabber said...

Finally someone has pointed our that the Service Industry, isn't all that convienent or service oriented. :) I thought Silicon Valley and the surrounding region were all big into 24 hour services? I guess 24hours just means they don't lock the joint up. I seriously have the same beef, granted Ottawa is a big government town but there's still a substantial number of people that work in I.T that don't work the usual 9-5, take me for instance, I work anywhere between 7AM - 6PM, 8AM - 6PM or anything in between. Sure I could probably go to the gym at 6:30PM but that's when it's at its busiest, why can't I go at 10PM??? Oh right because the mall closes at 10PM, crock of sh!t if that's their reason. :)

Equally beefed.
Bryan

Anonymous said...

I live in the OC...that's like a whole other planet from Silicon Valley (around 6 hours south i guess)....

But relative to Ottawa, yeah stuff IS open later, i'll give you that. Like gasp stuff is open on Sundays for longer than the 12-5 time period. And i managed to find the ONLY 24 Hour Fitness that actually is 24 hours...(okay exaggeration, there's quite a few, but none of them ever seem to be near me)...

Effing service industry. OH be glad doctors in Ottawa work on Saturdays...you don't see that here!