Thursday, March 15, 2007

Letter to the editor

Is it any better at Ballys or LA Fitness?
I get the feeling that this is the hierarchy:
LA Fitness > Ballys > 24 Hour Fitness

And to branch on that...

LA Fitness > Ballys > riding yer bike > stabbing yourself in the eye > 24HF

The only other gyms I've belonged to were private gyms OR Gold's....Gold's kicked ASS because the people who work out there truly want to improve their physique, they're not there to socialize or be retarded like at 24HF. They have spray bottles everywhere and you HAVE to wipe down your equipment after each use with disinfectant spray or else you'll get serious flack from the other members.

That being said...as I've said before...24 Hour Fitness is the McDonald's of gyms. It's not healthy, it's not ideal, but it'll do in a pinch.

(Which is sad that the trainer I had at 24HF actually used my quote when he interviewed for a job at a more elite gym)

2 comments:

TheComish said...

I know, but I might join 24HF just for the low signup fee, and there operating hours.

If LA Fittness wasn't like $400 up front plus monthly fee's, and it was open later than I'd join them.

They are the only two major gyms within 10 mins of my apt... so it looks like I'm swaying to 24HF. Plus it's right next to the bar... hahahahaa

Anonymous said...

That's just it...there's ALOT of pluses, mostly financial and convenient, that go with 24HF...but the crappy part is that all things that make it so horrible are REALLY noticeable every time you work out.

Plus, you gotta pay extra for a Sport club if you want the great operating hours...the regular ones close around 11pm or midnight.