Saturday, December 08, 2007

Random thoughts for the day...

It's midnight on Saturday night...good times eating like a mofo at Carrie's dessert party.

Some very random thoughts that are going through my grey matter.

I noticed that Sandra Lee looks like an older version of Heidi Montag:


Or that Rachael Ray looks alot like an older version of Rachel Leigh Cook:


It's really quite odd to not have true seasons. Even living in Northern California, there's some distinction between say fall and winter. It's a very chick-thing, but I'm kinda depressed that I can't wear a good chunk of my sweaters. It just never gets cold enough here for the super warm and think sweaters.

Now if you're from California this probably seems retarded to you, but it's really REALLY odd to me that I have sweaters that I haven't worn since I moved here because it's just never cold enough. It's like...going through each year with something missing that you used to experience on a yearly basis...it's just ....bizarre. I don't know if I'll ever get used to it.

More bitching...

Can someone please tell Rachael Ray that her show's new backdrop is ridiculously hideous? The orange cupboards and green tiles are an insult to my optometric senses. Then there's the weird filter on the camera. It's like the frame rate is slightly slower so the picture is never in focus. The worst of it all (well actually I think the frame rate is probably the worst) is that the camera dude won't just sit the eff still and shoot her normally (uh take that as you will)...it's like he's perpetually jumping around...makes me nauseous.

Just for ol' time sake...anyone remember this FHM shoot?

Girl can't be sexy even when she tries...

Tomorrow I gotta buy $500 worth of toys for this toy drive i'm in charge of...for someone who's not a fan of the holidays, I sure get suckered into alot of festive crap. Santa can suck my balls.

3 comments:

Moderator said...

Good Morning
I have book marked and rea your blog now and then. I alwayds find it interesting as a study in the pysche of a young californian feeling old; a feminine perspective on 2007 American culture; an insight into the power of the media to shape values; a psychological study of reflective/non-reflective thoght.

Your blog (and I say it with kindness) also reflects all the narcissism of our age; all the insecurities of woman; the selfish little world in which we can all incubate and from which we can view the world.

The broad range of your reading and the eclectic nature of it, suggests an amoeba, which is warm and still in a petri dish, and moves only when its' comfort is distorted or it experiences some temperature change. It is really all about you, isn't it?

The gossiping nature, critical eye, and empty interests suggest America is lost to your generation, if there are more of you then them.

zabber said...

Interesting comments coming from 'moderator'. Does 'moderator' realize that you're from Canada? You moved there how many years ago and if you're outlook on America is as narcissistic, gossipy, critical and apparently empty; imagine what people are like having been born and raised in America? Maybe it's a California thing, California can't be a good representation of the American population, even I know that sitting way up here in the Great White North of my humble Nation's Capital. :)

I would bet that the general population of my town know's more about the going's on in California than say any part of California because so much goes on there. TV, Movie production, Silicon Valley. How could someone that lives there not be be influenced by the media?

Isn't a blog and in some way one's life all about oneself?

I think her outlook on things is refreshing and there are times Sabina surprizes me because of what she says but at the end of the day she is still one of the smartest people I know.

So what is America 'moderator', I think America has lost it's identity... What's the American Dream?? :)

zabber said...

Sabina why didn't you just take a few of your sweaters with you and leave the rest here in Ottawa? :)

They could've been donated or something.

I don't remember that FHM shoot but I wish I had.

Have you seen the UK FHM (because it's way better than the overly censored U.S version) that has Rachel Stevens from S Club 7 on the cover. That's a great photo shoot. :)

Is Rachel Ray that perky because of the coffee she drinks? She's cute though. :P