I want to read this book:
I'm totally fascinated with marketing and PR tactics...I dig that stuff. And every now and then I see a commercial and i'm like "dang...that was genius. If i needed ((insert product type: men's deodorant, baby diapers, medication)) then i sure would have fallen for that ad".
I remember a Philips commercial years ago that was so amazing, every time it came on tv I was mesmerized...it had a fantastic theme song and the images were like...whoa.
Heck, the full-length commerical for Britney's Curious perfume is very, very well done...you just have to forget that it's Mrs. K-Fed in the commercial. And I have to forget that the dude in it is Rex from Days Of Our Lives. But that aside, I think it's a very well done commercial (and must have worked....it's a top selling perfume for 2005).
I need new clothes BAD. Having serious issues adjusting to live in SoCal. First moving to northern cali was hard, because the weather is so different from in Ottawa...like it gets wayyyyy cold at night, but definitely not winter coat/winter boots level...and honestly, there's so many more guys who work in tech there, they inherently feel the need to crank up the A/C no matter what job (the entire time i livedin the bay area, and with all 3 different companies i worked for, i was STILL wearing big turtlenecks in summer to work).
Now that I live in frickin' OC, this weather is bloody hot. And i'm SO not used to needing to wear tshirts and crap inside (even in Ottawa, in summer, it's so humid outside that the A/C is big time cranked up inside)...so i've got NOTHING cute to wear to work and part of me just can't justify buying cute summery stuff becuase i'm still a Canadian girl at heart (i.e. why buy cute summer stuff when summer is only 2 months long anyway). I'm fighting it tooth and nail. Heck, i've got a snowman thing hanging up on my front door still.
In other complaining news...I officially need a pedicure, which i hate admitting to because it's WAY too California for me to do that...but um yeah i've also never owned so many open-toed shoes. (Well minus one pair that broke today, but those are a pair that i wore to one of my proms so i guess eventually they were bound to disintegrate eventually).
And YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS: THE OC STARTS THIS WEEK! IT'S GOING TO BE FABULOUS!
Came home today from work to find that my cat Stash puked on the carpet. Well at least it's better than when Marmalade peed on the bed a few days ago. I swear, my house is becoming a frickin' BARN...i can't keep up with the cleaning. And it's not that i can't keep up really...i just don't care to anymore. Before, it used to be just me and Marmalade...that was manageable. The household has doubled in size and there's no way I can keep up. I'm defeated.
Thank God for Bissell's Little Green Machine...a pet owner's best friend. Well, 2nd best friend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment