Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Shook me all night long

yeah i've got AC/DC in my head right now...

Well since Nic said she'd be bored at work today...I might as well get the excessive griping out of my system.

First off, I woke up barely being able to breathe, and NOT because my cat was lying on my chest (he honestly will kill me one of these days)...and my head is pounding...

But where I'm from (yes, this makes me sound super old and foreign), more often than not you've got a cold. By spring, my nose is just nasty red blob. Since i've moved to Cali, i RARELY get colds, and I refuse to get them because I figure, i've already had just about every cold virus on the planet...there's no Cali virus that's gonna wipe me out.

That being said, i feel like i'm DYING right now.

In other news, I had this huge shopping epiphany this weekend.

I went shopping for something somewhat hootchie to wear Friday night...nothing I had looked cute enough, or they were super dated...and really it was the search for the Disposable Top that i know i'm only going to wear once anyway.

So i went to the usual mallrat type places. Let me tell you a little something...i've been clubbing since I was 18, and I'm pretty much the same size...maybe a bit smaller by a few pounds, but yeah i've got clothes from 18 that i still have (like the jeans i'm wearing today).

I must have tried on a trillion tops. Right now the trend is all this beaded crap, which really destroyed my skin...i looked like someone whipped me across my chest and my back (from the constant pulling on/off of tight fitting hootchie tops).

A small number of tops actually fit. And i couldn't figure out why, I mean I wasn't trying on crazy complicated tops...i really just wanted to find the perfect halter top. It just seemed like i needed a massive pushup bra, but none of these tops were meant to be worn with a bra.

And then it hit me.

Much like vanity sizing (where sizes now are much, much bigger than 15 years ago because people as a whole have gotten fatter)...

Hootchie clothes are now designed for chicks with fake boobs. EVERY tope i tried on needed my chest to be a few inches higher, and there's no way that's happening to ANYONE naturally without a bra.

Maybe it's just a california thing, since it's pretty predominant here...but DAMN. I was okay with vanity sizing...i mean, it annoys me because not everyone does it so I quite honestly never know what to tell people my size is, becuase i'm anywhere from an XXS to M. BUT THIS IS OUT OF CONTROL.

I shouldn't have to invest a few grand$$ just to fit into a stupid $20 halter top.

But sadly...I spent the rest of Sat night thinking maybe I should...i mean, i've already got my other surgeries planned out, but most of that is for after I'm done having kids...and I figured after having kids I would just get a lift and ideally no implants (i'm willing to get nipped and tucked and have stuff sucked out of me, but ADDING things makes me nervous)...

Every night before going to bed, I start to poke and prod at myself, so much that based on the horrendous moaning I do my husband yells at me from another room "STOP PULLING AT YOUR GUT YOU'RE ONLY GOING TO MAKE IT WORSE! STOP IT! YOU LOOK FINE!!!"....ughghgh.

/rant about boobs (or lack of it).

I'm back to bleaching my teeth because at the dentist on Saturday the chicky told me that that's optimal time to bleach your teeth because they've removed all the stains. Normally I can't hack more than 2 days because:
a) you can't consume stuff that stains your teeth (my diet pepsi! My tazo Passion tea!) up to 48 hours after you're done bleaching because the "pores" are open. I can never go a full 5 days without either beverages.
b) your teeth are UBER pained during that time. Imagine putting an ice cube on your teeth 24/7...that's what teeth bleaching feels like.

Well the hygienist chicky told me as long as I'm good about rinsing about my mouth with water after tea/pepsi, I should be alright. So i'm white knuckling it on Day 2 right now...by tomorrow i'll be in pure agony.

Which brings up something else I read last night (Shape magazine, which yes i DID pay for, part of my subscription)...about how we women don't feel like things are working unless we're in serious pain. Like when i get a massage, i fully expect to be bruised by the next day (HA yes make whatever comments you want about how I like it rough!). Or when i do my at home glycolic peel kit, i leave it on for twice as long...burn my face off mothereffer!

I really, really wish I had been born a guy (and not just for the general life reasons about why things are easier for men, blah blah). I remember my first prom, being at the hairdresser, and another girl was bitching about how all the guys at that moment were off playing football. It takes us WEEKS of advance preparation just to look half decent in our dress, let alone the effort required that day to look amazing.

Which THEN leads me to think, the reason why it doesn't matter what a groom looks like on his wedding day as long as he's wearing a tux or whatever "groom attire" (whether it's a beach shirt, etc)...the groom only has to shower, shave, slap on some gel and he's good to go. That's all of what, 45 minutes and only because he's going to make a bit more effort to shave better that day?

I woke up at SIX AM on my frickin' wedding day (okay granted i coudln't sleep, and I still had to write my little speech which i didn't end up using because i couldn't read my own handwriting on the hotel notepad) and had my bridesmaids pile into my suite at the hotel by 8am...my scalp is STILL raw from my hairstyle (which i have to give props to my beauty chick, we didn't do a trial run...i told her i wanted my hair like Britney Murphy's in Almost Newlyweds but britney had hair extensions but my beauty chick pulled it off without them and i loved my hair that day)....

So for all the effort it takes for chicks to get ready, i think any big day SHOULD be about us and not about the guy because he's merely an accessory to whatever event we're attending, even if it's our own wedding day.

my head is still pounding, this headache pill situation isn't good

Sigh. Going to rummage through the building in hopes of finding some pills.

No comments: