Sabina's review of her prescription: Tetracycline
Overview
So here's the deal.
My skin's been really jacked up the past few months. I mean, to the point of SCARRING. It's really upsetting. I'm going to be 29 for God's sakes, if I'm old enough to pay property taxes I should be old enough to not be dealing with this crap. The saving grace was when I got a bladder infection...the medication for that cleared up my skin like crazy (yay urinary tract infections!)
That being said, woman cannot survive on bladder infections alone for great skin.
So I went to the dermatologist finally, and he told me basically my two options for the rest of my life were to take something orally or topically (which sounds really perverse now that I'm typing that...). Since I'm all for blasting the hell out of my skin via every cell, I opted for the pills.
Yeah you heard me. REST OF MY LIFE. He said his wife has been taking it for 15 years and the instant she stops, she breaks out. Ahh well, the price you pay for beauty.
The Cons
The Cons pretty much lie in the strict rules surrounding it...
let's see:
1. Can't eat for 2 hours before...
2. Cant' eat for 1 hour after
3. Can't lie down for 30 minutes after taking it
4. Can't have anything with calcium/dairy/vit. supplements 2 hours before and after
5. Gotta take it 2x a day
Now all of the above wouldn't be so bad if it didn't make me ridiculously nauseous....can't lie down to feel better...can't ease the queasy stomach with food...these pills are crazy potent and it's taken serious willpower to not stop my car on the way to work, with my empty stomach, to not hurl up a lung.
The Pros
So after bitching about the nausea and all that, you'd think it wouldn't be worth it right?
Oh HELL no. This stuff is killing my intestinal track but DAMN my skin looks a trillion times better! I still get a few breakouts, but seriously I'm sooooo happy with my skin, you have no idea. Now i'm just applying scar cream like a mofo all over the old areas and hopefully I'll be good to go.
Survey Says:
Two very enthusiastic thumbs up. Fine holiday faire!
Side note: Not that any dude who would be bored enough to read this would want to know this TMI, but the ONE problem with medications like tetracycline, cipro, etc...they kill the good AND bad bacteria...which means that chicks are way more prone to yeast infections...ummm..yeah. That sucks. But did I mention that my skin looks SO MUCH BETTER?! Highly recommended if your skin is jacked up.
1 comment:
So when you take them... n' you drink will it f' you up? That's a positive!!
Post a Comment