Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Psycho Chicks demystified

Letter to the editor:
About complimenting a chix... I'll use radient only when they're single.
Attached girls need compliments too, probably more than single chicks! We fear we've let ourselves go and no one else would want us.

"... so it's not like when I get home i'm going to start doing shots by myself while I watch tv or something." Welcome to my world!!!... except replace "watch tv" with surf the internet
Ugh I have an intestinal track of steel, but drinking liquor at night, each night...forget it. Don't people just get...TIRED doing that? I get exhausted the day after a few drinks.

On another note....

I had somewhat of an epiphany...about us chicks and when we go mental. C'mon girls, we all do it. In my case, it starts off with the silent treatment, and by silent treatment I mean giving tons of small, snotty remarks...and then it full on escalates to everything but the kitchen sink...you know it's Psycho Girl behavior when the guy is like "umm...what? Where is this coming from? All i asked was where the scissors are!"...

All we chicks want in this case:
1. To know we are cared about (yeah bad English, suck it)
2. To know we're important in the dude's life
Those two things are key.

For #1:
It's not necessarily that we have to be LOVED. But we do need to know that there's emotion. Like, more than just a yeah you might feel a little sad if we get hit by a bus and DIE kind of emotion. More like a wow...my life wouldn't be as rosy if she weren't in it kind of emotion. Love is always good too, but it's not a requirement (depending where you are in the relationship).

It also falls in line with a chick's mantra, when we're upset, we want you to know WHY we're upset...and we want you to be concerned that we're upset.

Yes, we are somewhat high maintenance creatures. Too bad you can't bone your hamster.

As for #2:
Importance is key. When you dick us around with plans...when you're late...when you don't sell your effing mustang (cough cough)...when you don't call when you say you will...it makes us feel like we're not IMPORTANT.

If we truly, honestly, super duper felt like we were IMPORTANT in a dude's life, we wouldn't go half as psycho on the dude when he effs up. But if we feel like we're expendable...replaceable...unnoticeable...yeah, time to get all Psycho Chick when things go a little sour.

so what's my point?

When guys say "i'm sorry", usually that just doens't cut it...we still feel the need to rip them a new one.

BUT...if my husband were to say to me "I love you more than life itself, and it kills me so much to see you in pain over something I did. You are the most important person in my life. I'm so sorry"...well...I'm pretty sure the forgiveness factor would increase and Psycho CHick behavior would decrease.

Now if you're a dude reading ths, you're probably thinking Wtf. I shouldn't have to butter it up. She's lucky if she GETS an apology at all from me.. Well...true I guess. But the key is to reduce Psycho Chick behavior, and if that's what it takes, isn't it worth it?

Or for my more "suck it" chick answer: I shouldn't have to butter it up when i want a dude to say NOT leave plates everywhere, to take out the trash, to mop the floor. No one's buttering ME up when I gotta swiffer the floor, so no one's gonna butter you up either jackass. Don't tell me that unless I ask nicely, you won't take out the trash...you'll take out the trash because it has to get DONE, regardless.

So...I'll butter it up when I want the dishes done...and you butter it up when you're apologizing and stick to the Care/Importance format.

On an unrelated note, I've been watching the SATC reruns on tv late at night...some of them I haven't seen in ages...let us not forget, Big was NOT the one for her...she should have made it work with Aidan!

No comments: