Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Countdown to D-Day...err...B-Day

Ahhh, apparently I"ve got my own ghetto bio on moby games:
Ghetto Bio

I was in the credits 'cause I did so much effing freebie editing of all their documents.

So i'm one week and one day away from my 29th birthday. And i'm actually having as hard of a time as I did on both my 20th birthday and 27th birthday (the first because of course the teen years are over, and 27 'cause I could no longer ride on the coattails of being 25).

It's not that being so close to 30 is what bugs me...

It's that your 20s are your last years of any real youth.

In your 30s, there's no question: your'e a grownup. All the dumbass behaviors that you did in your 20s require a little more discretion in your 30s and 40s.

And...really...I get it...age ain't nuthin' but a number. You're only as old as you feel. Blah blah. My fear is that i don't want to be 45 being told "wow you look great for your age".

I don't WANT to look great for my age. I want to look great for a 20 year old's age. So far i've been pretty blessed in that i do look a wee bit younger than I am (heck, 2 weeks ago at Nordstroms two teenage chicks and I were chatting about something retarded and they thought i was like 23...i was like "thank you!")...and i've always looked 5 years younger than I am...that being said, being 55 and looking 50 isn't as great as being 25 and looking 20.

I don't WANT anyone saying how I look for my age.

When i turned 20, I started buying wrinkle creams...becuase when i was 5, I had said to myself "when i get old, when i get 20, I'm gonna use creams like mom uses"...Of course, 20 isn't old...but I had hit that age that Mini Sabina thought was old.

I had then promised myself at 30 I would have the income where i could really justify the good crap...I adore Vinotherapie (red wine is good for the insides, it's gotta be good for the skin too), but mooching free samples from Sephora isn't gonna cut it anymore. And...yep...the Botox Fund...and before anyone flips, let me remind you that Botox is PREVENTATIVE...it's already too late when you have wrinkles.

Your skin is like a piece of paper...once it's folded, it's wrinkled, nothing you can do about it. You need to prevent it from folding inthe first place.

Turning 30 or 40 isn't so much the problem as much as say turning 60 or 80...at that point, you're happy to be ALIVE....I'm such a little brat, whenenver I see little old grannies applying their lipstick and stuff, part of me says "ass that's so sweet...no matter what, they're always looking nice for the world"...then there's that jackass part of me that's like "what does it matter? when you're 80 applying a coat of lipstick won't make a diff"....

My ultimate heroes are Barbara Eden ("I dream of Jeannie") and Loni Anderson...okay, I know they're had work done, but I think they look fantastic (for their age...well actually I think Loni looks better now than on WKRP).

I stood in line last year at the San Diego Comic Con not to get the chick who plays Elvira's autograph...i just wanted to know what moisturizer she uses (that woman looks phenomenal even when she's not all hootched up in black).

In the grand scheme of things, the two most important factors are genetics and the sun...

I guess my mom looks okay for her age, it's hard to tell 'cause she's my MOM...i see her the same way I did when Iwas a kid.

As for the sun...well I never suntanned alot when i was younger (if at all), I slathered on Ombrelle (Parsol 1789 baby!) growing up, and now I get my sunblock from Canada because it has Mexoryl.

That being said, when I scrunch or bunch up my face...the lines are taking TOO LONG to smooth out, if at all. There's one line on my forehead in particular that drives me nuts, and it's 'cause when i do my eye makeup i tend to wrinkle my forehead....

Yeah Wrinkle 1, i'm talkin' to you bitch. It's you and me. It's war. You just wait till I save up for Restylin (sp) to fill you up. Mooo hah ahahahahahaaa...

AND...that's just my issues with my FACE. Don't get me started on my hands or the marks elsewhere on my body.

Basically...I'm the cryptkeeper.

1 comment:

zabber said...

I still think I'm in my twenties, mind you I don't go out and party anymore but I'm still a goof most of the time. I think the weirdest thing I've notice now that I've hit 30 is that I've started finding grey hairs on my head. As for the other things that folks usually equate to being 'grown up',married - nope, mortgage - nope, car - nope, , kids - nope, pet - nope (but that's more because I'm allergic to dogs and cats - dammit). Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful for what I have accomplished to date but I still feel at times that something's missing...

I wouldn't worry about the age thing and you seriously gotta give up the obsession with the wrinkles... maybe they are there because you obsess about them so much. :) Or it could be all that freakin' sun you guys get down there in Cali. :) Do all you girls in Cali worry about wrinkles?

Just worry about havin' a wicked time when that special day hits and be proud of all the things you have done.