Marmalade update...
So this raging infection of hers seems to be resistant to alot of stuff, according to the lab folks, so last night the vet gave me a new medication to try.
I got home, and i was EXHAUSTED (i've been exhausted lately) and I was gonna take a quick nap, but i figured I should give her the medication before i passed out. So I did, and then fast forward to 11pm when I awoke to Kraig getting ready for bed (I told you i was tired!), and Marmalade was just so AGITATED...she kept pacing, jump up and down off teh bed, making these low growling noises...finally Kraig gets up and then says "sweetie, i don't like freaking you out about the cat, but I think something's wrong"...
I get up, and she's PANTING....low to the ground...growling...so we threw on some clothes and took her to the animal ER (fortunately, right by my house)....
Stayed there ALL frickin' night. They figured she was allergic to the medication, so they gave her a shot for it and we had to sit with her all night until it kicked in, which fortunately it did.
By the time i got home, i put my head on the pillow, and a split second later my alarm went off for work.
When i signed her in I also had to sign a thing saying that emergency medical expenses can start from $450 to $850...when I signed it, Kraig was like "so much for our kitchen cabinets"...turns out it was only (ONLY) $142....
ANyway, long story short, she seems to be better now and I've been trying to get a hold of the vet to see what the next course of action against this urinary infection is. My poor baby :(
No comments:
Post a Comment