It's 5:35am.
I've been awake since THREE AM.
Stash has been a menace all night, he keeps circling my pillow and chewing on my hair and really I could probably handle all that (even though his tail and fur in my face isn't so comfy), but he has serious claws and I'm always afraid he'll claw my face (cat scratches scar big time...I should know!).
Then you have Marmalade sleeping on my side of the bed, plus Kraig's incesssant snoring...normally this all starts at 4 or 5am, but today it started at 3 and since I didn't get to bed until 11:30...well I'm going to be super cranky later today that's for sure.
Might as well start reading this morning's news...
This is effing hilarious
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - The author of a new state law that allows felony charges against owners of dangerous dogs was hospitalized over the weekend after his own dog attacked him.
And i love animals...but...irony is always good for a laugh.
LOS ANGELES - Antonio Banderas got down on his knees and rubbed his hands over his new Hollywood star on Tuesday, then stood up and reminisced warmly about the events that led to his being immortalized on the entertaiment capital's Walk of Fame.
Okay I think the man is pretty hot, even in his old age...but really other than Desperado (one of the best movies EVER) and Shrek2, has he done anything THAT fabulous? And before you ask, I dare you to try and watch effing 13th Warrior. Exactly.
It's super hard for me to read the news here in the US because a good chunk of it is political stuff and since I can't vote, I prefer to keep myself as ignorant as possible. It's a choice every immigrant has to make for herself. I end up getting really pissed off at not being able to make a change...or at the very least, I end up thinking "am I missing something? Are people here just retarded? What the bleep is wrong with people?!"...
That being said...
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Investigators at the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services recently became aware of four cases of HIV infection related to work in the adult film industry. The infections occurred despite a widely adopted voluntary program of HIV and STD testing in the industry.
As reported in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, the first identified case was a 40-year-old man who tested HIV-negative on February 12 and March 17, 2004, but tested positive on April 9.
You know what I love about that article? Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. That is officially the best title for anything EVER. Who decides on the content? I would love LOVE love to have that on my resume...."Contributing author for Morbidity and Mortality Weekly...job duties include finding some effed up sh*t"...
Kraig owes me big time...Stash is in the computer room bugging me which means he's not in the bedroom bugging Kraig...he better enjoy that sleep...
Well isn't this effing fabulous:
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - Eastman Kodak Co., stung by a sharp drop in film sales midway through its painful shift from traditional photography to digital imaging, posted a third-quarter loss of $1.03 billion US largely because of one-time tax charges related to its massive restructuring.
And guess who's retarded enough to have stocks in Kodak? Oh yeah that would be ME. Okay so i've only got like 5 stocks, but with the stupid service charge I needed them to go up a bit just to break even (I paid $27ish and it's around $23ish right now). I swear, I have the worst luck EVER. There's one relatively cheap stock that I kept telling myself I had to buy (because I know how fabulous the company is), it was only $6 at the time and now it's over $12 and I'm KICKING myself because I totally knew it was going to go up. I swear I'm the biggest moron I know.
Had to yell just now at Stash for chewing on the metal Boba Fett I got Kraig last year
Yeah.
I'm babbling.
I'm exhausted.
And I'm FREEZING wtf.
Marmalde is pawling at my lap (she just jumped on, countdown to when she starts to jump on the keyboard)
I want a stupid bagel with strawberry cream cheese
Friday Five even though it's a Wednesday:
1. What deadlines do you have in your life right now?
- to get that whole wills/advanced medical directiving/living wills/trusts crap done
- to finally get additional life insurance
- to re-appraise my wedding ring for my jewelry insurance
- to re-do the photos for the house insurance (since the last time i did all that was when we were renting)
- to do serious inventory of our stuff for house insurance (becuase people always underestimate what they have)
- to put up all that crap i've got on ebay...i used to be SO good but the past 2 months, i've slacked
2. How well do you generally deal with external deadlines (i.e., those imposed by other people or factors)?
- I do very good, however if it's something cash related I get it done asap...if there's no cash involved, I prograstinate big time...heck even my green card conditional thing i took forever to do.
3. How well do you generally deal with internal deadlines (i.e., those imposed by yourself)?
- once again, depends if cash is a factor...like say getting supplemental insurance for things i'm good at doing...but just general "should do" like cleaning or whatever, i'm a lazy bastard.
4. What's the most important deadline that you've ever missed?
- Well...i missed that deadline to roll over the CD-type IRA that finally was reaching maturity and now i'ts locked in for another 3 years or something like that...otherwise....can't think of anything.
5. What's the most important deadline that you *didn't* miss?
- my green card application (the permanent one removing the conditional sentencing)
- renewing my passport while i was still on a visa (since i'm out of the country, that's not something I can afford to have expire!)
- I dunno...
Time to get in 10 mins of sleeping before my alarm goes off for work.
1 comment:
no bikini pix... sux
oh wait that was last week!
Post a Comment