I love this tshirt, but i would only get it if i knew the small was well-fitted (otherwise i look all weird in guyish shirts):
And of course:
HA i wish I could give an old coworker this shirt:
He was journalism major but soemhow went straight from that to being the senior Tech Writer (Tony, you know who i'm talking about!), he didn't know ANYTHING about computers...and he had this thing that he was going to MEMERIZE binary numbers.
I was like "dude, there's a system, blah blah" like showing him how you calculate it by hand for a big number, but he really just wanted to memerize like 0 to 100 in binary notation which is so retarded, there's only 2 characters, if you need it for a user guide or something (which he didn't) then just convert the number as it comes up...
Whatever.
I didn't watch America's Next Top Model last night, I didn't watch Lost (I have no idea if they're still in reruns)...
So now, onto the actual subjects at hand: Black, Diamonds, and Elegance.
I never understood why people can say "black" is their favorite color. It's like, white is no color and black is ALL the colors...those aren't even options as far as i'm concerned (it's not like it's on the color spectrum thingy....)..
That being said, i think I officially think black is my new favorite color.
It used to be blood red...then purple (it's the color of royalty!), and then i realized in my later 20s that I look good in baby blue and baby pink (well...not good...just not as bad as normal)...but now, black is where's it baby.
The thing with black is that you can't really wear it when you're a baby of course...and then as a teen if you wear all black you look super goth, not just for the color but also because if your mom was like mine she got fed up of your laundry piling up and she'd do it for you which meant hot water to everything with crappy detergent (I used to hand wash my stuff in Woolite) and then it would get nasty faded to grey....
So at least now I can pull off black and appreciate that it's an all-over body slimmer....and you can dress like CRAP but if it's black, people think you're dressing up.
/black stuff.
As for diamonds....
I went to the jeweler (Petra's in the Kaleidoscope in case anyone cares) a few times this week because I had to get my ring appraisal re-done in order for my insurance renewal. I went in with my GIA paperwork (my diamond is laser-inscribed with a VIN-like number, so my diamond can be traced anywhere) and the old appraisal.
The dude spent an HOUR looking for the GIA inscription.
He used THREE different tools.
I was in hysterics. I mean, the lump in my throat was insane. I didn't know what to do...what if they put the wrong diamond in? Do i sue the old jewelry store that Kraig bought the ring from? Is there a statue of limitations? Would they think I secretly changed the stones?
I felt like the past 2.5 years of my marriage was a sham, like imagine if you found out that your marriage license was invalid and you were really not married...you'd feel like were so deceived. And here I thought I knew my diamond so well.
Anyway eventually he found the final digit, the other numbers were hidden under a prong. When i went yesterday to drop off my "real" engagement ring (Kraig proposed to me with his mother's ring but i never wear it because I never insured it) for appraisal, I was delighted to find out that my stone has gone up in value, which brings the overall value up by $900...that at least compensated for the stress I felt the day before!
My point is not about my rings...and the emotional drama...but that the whole time I had been waiting, I kept eyeing this bracelet.
It's gorgeous.
It's price tag said $4000.
It's gorgeous.
People like me don't get nice things like that...not AS nice as that.
The jeweler then tells me it's $2000.
You have no idea how badly I wanted to sell a kidney to buy that bracelet. I could CRY, i want that bracelet so bad. But i just can't justify it, heck we need a grownup bedroom set, we need to redo the master bathroom, i need to get a ton of work done on my car....
But it's beautiful. Taken with my cameraphone (and yes, i know i look like i've got man-wrists in this picture, bite me):
Sigh. Well at least i'll always have my $15 Aldo faux diamond ring.
/diamond rant
Elegance...
That's my new year's resolution.
I want to be a grownup
I want to be elegant
And i want to be refined.
Okay well refined is pushing it, but elegant. I want to stop walking into rooms and tripping over myself.
I want to stop dropping things.
I want to stop fidgeting when i'm nervous (how many pieces of paper can someone shred at dinner?)
I want to stop looking like a little kid in a room full of adults.
SOOOO...that's my resolution.
Refinery.
Much like sugar.
/elegance rant
The song for the day is I remember you by Skid Row
You said I love you babe, without a sound
I said I'd give my life for just one kiss
I'd live for your smile and die for your kiss
(It was on the radio last night, i LOVE Skid Row! ANd yeah, if that makes me white trash...suck it).
In other news, I'm disgruntled, so I better just shut up before I get myself in trouble.
2 comments:
Who would ever get a shirt like that? Or for that matter who would take it on vacation with them and wear it in Paris?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/TheComish/fix_computer_shirt.jpg
I guess Norm would
and that's not even a PhotoShop... real pic... promise!
Post a Comment