You know this was going to happen.
My ghetto car....has reached UBER ghetto levels.
So far in 5 years I've replaced the brakes a dozen times and all four tires twice...it got keyed BADLY in 2001 when i parked at a Barnes & Nobles...the rear bumper is about to fall off thanks to a chick without a driver's license who ran into me in 2005...The right side has a huge dent when I hit something (yes, on the SIDE) when making a turn...the same month that I accidentally rear ended someone else (hey, to my defense i had to wake up earlier than usual and i was a zombie) and the front light is held up with a rubber band....
My car has been cleaned maybe 3 times, maybe a bit more only because Kraig is the one who would get embarassed and takes it in for me....
My cat has peed (through the holes in her carrier)in it more times than I care to explain.
The driver's side window can't roll back up after it's been rolled down. I don't valet my car because i'm cheap. I don't valet it because those valet guys always roll down my window even after I tell them NOT to do that.
All of this aside...my car was still fabulous because...IT'S PAID OFF.
But yesterday...yesterday my car officially became unacceptable.
I got in my car after work and went to move the driver's side visor (which has a bunch of my CDs in a holder) up...and I heard a "SNAP".
going to try to explain this highly untechnical bit of info now
The doohickey that kept my visor locked and rotating the hinge thingy had broken off.
This meant that the visor couldn't stay up, it flopped back down. And because there was no tension, i couldn't push it down close to the window like you would do if say it were sunny. It hung STRAIGHT down, which blocked my view.
So i thought I would pop out the visor and push it to the left driver's side window, you know?
Well in the process of trying to pop it out of the hinge thingy...the plastic bracket that was embedded into the visor BROKE right out. And then the long handle that held the visor wasn't strong enough to hold the visor in anyway, so that slid right out.
There I was....
A broken piece of hinged plastic
A visor
And left on my car was this long hinge thing (that was covered in grease).
I threw it all onto the floor and just drove home, since it was nighttime and it didn't matter anyway.
But...
The whole time i was FUMING.
My car is unacceptably ghetto now.
Later, at 10pm, I went to the gym...but I spent half an hour in my car trying to figure out a solution....which is hard when you don't keep anything in your car to hold stuff in anyway...but I used an old clip to smoosh the visor onto the hinge (it won't go down, and I can't put the CD holder on it anymore, but at least it's there for visual purposes....)...
I am THE biggest loser. Ever.
Losers like me don't get a song of the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment